What does Christmas remind you of? Christmas tree, lights, pudding, crackers, reindeer, mistletoe, holly and of course, eggnog. A joyous time for feasting, giving gifts and having fun.
Here’s our favourite eggnog recipe for the season.
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Few drops Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Cinnamon powder
- Cognac/ Brandy/ Dark Rum
- Pinch of salt
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Beat egg yolks with ¼ cup sugar.
- Whip egg whites till foamy and stiff. Slowly add remaining ¼ cup sugar while whisking.
- Add milk, cream and bourbon to the egg yolks slowly, while whipping lightly.
- Gradually stir this into the whipped egg whites.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
Raw eggs are Salmonella friendly, and to avoid the risk of upsetting your tummy, the FDA advises people to use a cooked egg base, made by heating the eggs, milk and sugar at 160 °F, stirring constantly.