Looking to flaunt the perfectly bronzed, sun-kissed look when you get back from a vacation, or to just get a healthy dose of Vitamin-D to feel bouncy again? Here are your best bets to catch some sunshine outside a salon.
1. If you have loads of money to spend on your holiday, consider a trip to the beaches of St. Tropez. A number of celebrities make a stop at St. Tropez each year, pointing to the specter of this French getaway. The Plage Port Grimaud is undoubtedly the place to be seen catching rays in St. Tropez, as it is the most popular beach in the area.
2. Located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Copacabana Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. With a backdrop of the rolling hills of Brazil, you will not only find yourself tanning here but also enjoying the beautiful scenery. In addition to being a great place for tanning and for enjoying the landscape, Copacabana Beach is rarely quiet. There is always something happening on this beach, whether it is tourists enjoying the summer sun during the day or music and drinking at night. Copacabana Beach offers it all to the tourist looking for some fun in the sun.
3. If you are looking to get a great tan in Europe, Greece is your paradise. The island of Crete off of the south coast of Greece is surrounded by 100 miles of beach along its coastline. Try the area of Rethimno on the island’s northern coast. The beach is beautiful but tends to be crowded, as it is one of the most popular spots on the island. If you are looking for a place to tan in solitude then try elsewhere, as there are plenty of small, secluded beaches scattered around the island.
4. Waikiki Beach on the Hawaiian island of Oahu is a great place for sunbathers to sit back, enjoy the sun and watch the action all around them. While sitting on the sand beachgoers can watch the experienced surfers surf the large waves that swell off the two-mile long beach. Hawaiian beaches offer soft sand and spectacular sun. After tanning during the day, stick around to watch the beautiful sunset at night.
5. Down in southern Mexico you will find miles and miles of beaches in Cancun. Cancun boasts a 14 mile long peninsula that jets out into the ocean and provides a favorite beach-going spot for tourists. There are a number of scenic beaches great for tanning in Cancun of which you could consider San Miguelito, which is also home to a small, historic Mayan ruin.
Sunbathing and tan lines almost go hand-in-hand. Haulover Beach in Miami offers beachgoers in pursuit of a perfect uniformly tanned beach body the option of shedding their suits. Located close to both South Beach and downtown Miami, Haulover Beach is the ultimate place for those seeking a terrific tan.